Monday, August 3, 2009

That Box in the Corner


Today's post is about motivating myself to finally conquer that 1 lingering box of kitchen stuff. This weekend will mark 5 months since we moved into our new home and I will not continue to be mocked by that box in the corner of the dining room!


Of course, the reason it's still there is because there is not enough room in my kitchen cabinets currently -- and that caused me to "hit a wall" after 90% completion. I think many of us battle with challenges like this and then lose motivation. But with every challenge comes an opportunity! So, herein lies my opportunity: to re-organize my kitchen cabinets so that everything fits in there, by the end of August or else! I'm counting on this blog to help keep me motivated. I certainly don't want to post on here about not getting this done ;-) I'll update on my progress and share any cool products I come across along the way.

Side note: one area in my kitchen I'm pretty happy with already is the "recycling center." We used a closet organizing system (I believe it's Closet Maid from Lowe's or Home Depot) so that we can sort as we go - and each drawer pulls out completely for easy dumping into our recycling bins outside. I also store the aluminum foil, Ziploc bags, etc. in the top drawer to keep them out of precious drawer space in the rest of the kitchen but still readily accessible.



Thanks for reading,
-amy

No comments:

Post a Comment