Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wonder Hanger is Pretty Wonderful


Last night while shopping with my husband, I was compelled to buy the "Wonder Hanger" in the As See On TV section. I decided it would make for a fun experiment I could do in my own home and blog about (I've been curious since I first saw the commercial!), while qualifying as a business expense. Win-win :)

It cost just under $10 for 8 hangers you get to assemble (which was harder than I'd anticipated, but nothing difficult). They are made of very sturdy plastic, and once put together, they do not come back apart.

After I assembled the hangers, I tried them out in several closets and am pretty darn happy with the results. They made so much extra room in our coat closet (see pictures below) and the closet in my husband's office! I'm excited that we actually have room for guests to hang their coats now - just in time for the holiday season. The Wonder Hanger would also be useful in a guest bedroom or seasonal clothes closet. They are surprisingly strong - I have one holding up 5 winter and leather coats and it's handling it just fine.

However, I couldn't use them in half of our master closet because of the height of the bars - it makes things hang much lower than a standard hanger, so I ended up with dress shirts resting on the bar below and getting in the way. Another downside is that you need enough room to move both hooks onto the bar in order to remove an item from the hanger; so it's not advised to cram a small closet full of these or you'll run out of room to actually get things out!

Overall, I recommend the Wonder Hanger - a quick and easy fix to make closets less cluttered and more usable. I am especially thrilled with the results in our coat closet (Left: all coats hanging across, Right: Wonder Hangers activate!) .

Happy organizing,
-amy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog post. I think I could definitely use this product!

    ReplyDelete