Thursday, September 10, 2009

Time for better time management

Many of us feel pulled in many directions at once with our busy schedules, but I've always managed to stay pretty on top of things. Or so I thought! After missing my self-imposed deadline for reorganizing our kitchen, I had to rethink that perception. I do tend to miss deadlines at times, especially those I assign to myself. And I seem to excel at procrastination, especially of unsavory tasks... So, I've decided that it's time for better time management!

I'm looking forward to improving my skills in this area, which will benefit me and my future clients. As I started looking for resources, I turned to my "social network" for book recommendations. Turns out I have quite a few friends that are just as geeky as I am about organizing and self-improvement! :)

Here are the books I've now added to my reading list, which can all be found on Amazon:

  • The 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management by Hyrum W. Smith
  • The Luck Factor by Brian Tracy
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
  • Managing Your Goals by Alec MacKenzie (audio book)
  • Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen

I'll share my thoughts on these books in future posts. In the meantime, do have any time management or productivity books you've found inspiring? Please share!



Thanks for reading,

-amy

No comments:

Post a Comment