Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bedroom revamp on a budget




So we've decided to spruce up our bedroom. Okay, not entirely honest. I decided I wanted to fix it up and then convinced my husband it was a great idea! Not only do we get a nicer space, but it's a great practice project for me and I get to blog about it :)

We already moved our bed into the smallest bedroom a few months ago. As they recommend in Feng Shui, we prefer having a room solely for sleeping and lovemaking; our dressers are in another room (my office actually). This helps keep our bedroom a calm, comfortable, uncluttered space. If you have the space/ability to do this, I strongly encourage it! At the very least try not to have any work-related stuff in your sleeping room - it's not good for you to see everything you "should be" doing as soon as you wake up. Makes it harder to shut off your brain and truly relax.

But back to the bedroom revamp. Above are some before pictures of our small, simple room. Blank canvas you might say! Later this week I will post on my progress: first step is to develop my "concept" - I'm envisioning a calm, comfortable, zen-like space with a cool, monochromatic color scheme (pale blues, greens, and grays) and modern, dark wood furniture. And very thick curtains to help block out sound - we're rather close to railroad tracks that can be disturbing.

Stay tuned for updates later this week...my goal is to finish the room by the end of the month, and to do so for under $600. Wish me luck!
-amy

No comments:

Post a Comment